Chongqing Normal University has founded the “Silk Road Scholarship”, in response to “The Belt and Road Initiative” Strategy enounced by Chinese president Xi Jinping. This scholarship also aims to expand the international students’ enrollment, to motivate international students of Chongqing Normal University to obey laws and regulations of China, and to encourage them to study assiduously. Applicants of graduates or postgraduates, or language students could apply this scholarship. The “Silk Road Scholarship” is classified into the first class and second class.
I. Coverageof Scholarship
1. First class: free tuition for one year.
2. Second class: free of 50% tuition for one year.
Applicants could be countries from “The Belt and Road”, as Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Vietnam, Philippines, Hungary and other countries.
Note: The tuition is in accordance with the enrollment tuition standard which made for overseas students, not including accommodation, living expenses, textbook fees, registration fee and other expenses.
II.Eligibility & Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizens and good in physical health;
2. Apply for full-time study in Chongqing Normal University at least for one year;
3. Friendly, commit to observe Chinese law and regulations;
4. Applicants for a doctor degree should have a master degree, excellent academic performance, and be under the age of 40;Applicants for a master's degree should have a bachelor's degree, excellent academic performance, and be under the age of 35; Applicants for a bachelor's degree should have the equivalent of Chinese high school diploma, and be under the age of 25 ;
5.Applicants, who are studying in Chongqing Normal University, should have a good class-attendance performance ,say above 90%, should take an active part in the collective activities of the school, and without any record of violation of school rules and regulations ;
6. Applicants who have obtained other scholarship should not apply for the “Silk Road Scholarship”.
III. Application Procedure
1. Complete the online application for the “International Students Management system of Chongqing Normal University"
Applicants should Log in to the website of the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Chongqing Normal University, register in the “International Students Management system of Chongqing Normal University" (http://foreignstudent.cqnu.edu.cn) and submit the required materials.
2. Send the application materials
All the application documents should be printed and send to International Office of Chongqing Normal University in triplicate (one original and two copies). Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
IV. Application material
1. Silk Road Scholarship of Chongqing Normal University Application Form (see Attachment 1), Chongqing Normal University Application Form (Attachment 2)
2. Highest diploma attained or proof of study (notarized photocopy). Applicants who are students currently studying at Chongqing Normal University shall also provide a Study Certificate and transcripts from Chongqing Normal University. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy).
4. Study plan (written in Chinese or English).
5. Two letters of recommendation. Applicants for master degree /Doctor degreeshall provide two letters of recommendation by associate professors or professors. Applicants who are students currently studying at Chongqing Normal University shall provide a recommendation letter from the International Administration Office or a teacher in Chongqing Normal University.
6.Learning to apply for professional music students are required to submit a CD of my works; apply for study the art professional students, are required to provide my works CD (2) painted, two color paintings, two other works);
7. Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 3).
8. Copy of passport.
9. Proof of no criminal record.
10. Bank deposit certificate (no less than 25,000 RMB )
11. HSK4 Copy for undergraduate students and HSK5 Copy for graduate /doctor students
V. Application Schedule
Application time: April 10th --May 10th;
VI. Contact Information
International Office of Chongqing Normal University
Contact: Ms. Xu Chiying, Ms. Dong Qing