Chinese Government Scholarship Excellent Postgraduate Program of Chongqing Normal University is established by Chinese Scholarship Council aiming to provide support in developing international high level universities and promote more excellent international students to study in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship of Chongqing Normal University is now available for application for overseas students to pursue master’s degree.
I. Application deadline: March 1, 2023
II. Basic information of scholarship
-Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee and on-campus accommodation fee;
-Living allowance (3000 RMB per month for postgraduate student, 3500 RMB per month for doctor student)
-Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance in China;
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipen.aspx
III. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
－Master's Degree Students: 3 academic years
－Doctor's Degree Students: 4 academic years
All the courses for master programs will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency(180 scores of HSK 5 or above)are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended accordingly.
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for master degree must have a bachelor degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for doctor degree must have a master degree and be under the age of 40.
V. Application Procedure
1. Complete the online application of on the "Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System” (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/).
Applicants should register an account, fill in application information and submit the required materials. The category of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program is B, and the agency code of Chongqing Normal University is 10637. After submitting the application, applicants could download and print the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form". Please sign the form and confirm the serial number generated by the system on the application form.
2. Complete the online application for the “International Students Management system of Chongqing Normal University"
Applicants should Log in to the website of the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Chongqing Normal University, register in the “International Students Management system of Chongqing Normal University" (http://foreignstudent.cqnu.edu.cn) and submit the required materials.
VI． Application Materials
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), in Chinese or in English.
2. Passport copy. An applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of the information page of his/her passport that will not expire on or before March 1, 2023.
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students , you should provide a pre-graduation certification. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Applicants for doctor’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for master’s degree. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for bachelor’s degree. Applicants for doctor’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for master’s degree. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
5. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 1000 words).
6. Applicants shall submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
7. Applicants for the arts or design program shall provide their own works (such as videos and paintings)
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months.
9. No criminal record certification. It is usually issued within six months prior to the submission date of the application.
10. Bank deposit certificate (25,000 RMB )
VII. Approval and Notification
1. Chongqing Normal University will review all the application materials，and may conduct a test if necessary. Assessment and selection for admission and for granting scholarship will be made based on merits.
2. The name list of the recommended scholarship winning candidates for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for approval about March 20, 2023.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship winners will be notified by the university by the end of June 2023, and Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) together with other relevant documents will be sent to them in July 2023.
VIII. Important Notes
1. Chongqing Normal University will manage scholarship students' affairs according to the relevant regulations governing Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
Ⅸ. Contact Information
International Office of Chongqing Normal University
Contact: Ms. Xu Chiying
Add: International Students Office 407, Office Building, Chongqing Normal University, No.37 , University Town Road, High-tech District, Chongqing, China
Post Code: 401331