Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Program of Chongqing Normal University is established by Chinese Scholarship Councilaiming to provide support in developing international high level universities and promote more excellent international students to study in China.
2018 of Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Program of Chongqing Normal University is now available for application for overseas students to pursue master’s degree.
I. Application time: January 5, 2018 to April10, 2018
II.Basic information of scholarship
-Exempt from tuition fee and on-campus accommodation;
-Living allowance (3000 RMB per month for postgraduate student)
-Fee forComprehensive Medical Insurance in China;
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council athttp://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipen.aspx
III. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
－Master's Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
All the courses for master programs will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency(HSK 5 or above)are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended accordingly.
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Applicants should not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
3. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
V. Application Materials
Applicants are required to submit application on the website of China Scholarship Council and have the application printed and send it together with other documents required to International Office of Chongqing Normal University in triplicate. The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly. Online Application website:http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchinaor www.campuschina.org, then tick application online. ChooseType B before you fill the application table.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), in Chinese or in English. Applicants are required to submit application on the website of China Scholarship Council and have the application printed. Online Application website : (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchinaor www.campuschina.org).Agency No. of Chongqing Normal University is 10637.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for bachelor’s degree. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5. Applicants shall submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants for music are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personal works (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. Students who win the scholarship will also be required to take physical examination when they arrive in China in September, 2018. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
8. No criminal record certification.
9. Bank deposit certificate ( local currency no less than 25,000 RMB )
Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. Chongqing Normal University will review all the application materials. Assessment and selection for admission and for granting scholarship will be made based on merits.
2. The name list of the recommended scholarship winning candidates for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for approval about April 10, 2018.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship winners will be notified by the university by the end of June 2018, and Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) together with other relevant documents will be sent to them in July 2018.
VII. Important Notes
1. Chongqing Normal University will manage scholarship students' affairs according to the relevant regulations governing Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
VII. Contact Information
International Office of Chongqing Normal University
Contact: Ms. Xu Chiying, Ms. Dong Qing
Post Code: 401331