Chinese GovernmentScholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program (CGS-UPSP) is established byChinese Scholarship Council aiming to provide support in developinginternational high level universities and promote more excellent internationalstudents to study in
2016 CGS-UPSP of
is now available for application for overseas students to pursue master’sdegree.
I. Application time: January 5, 2016 to April 10, 2016
II.Basicinformation of scholarship
-Exempt from tuition fee and on-campus accommodation;
-Living allowance (3000 RMB per month for postgraduate student)
-Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance in
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the websiteof China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn
III. Categories ofApplicants and Duration of Scholarship
－Master's Degree Students: 2-3academic years
All the courses for master programs will betaught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese languageproficiency(HSK 5 or above)are required to take one-year remedial Chineselanguage courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in theirspecialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses,the duration of the scholarship will be extended accordingly.
1. Applicants shouldbe non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Applicants should not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
3. Educationbackground and age limit:Applicants for master degree studiesmust have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicantsare required to submit application on the website of China Scholarship Counciland have the application printed and send it together with other documentsrequired to International Office of Chongqing Normal University. OnlineApplication website : (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp)
Theapplicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly(one original and threecopies).
1. Application Formfor Chinese Government Scholarship (printed byCSC), in Chinese or in English. Applicants are required to submit applicationon the website of China Scholarship Council and have the application printed.Online Application website : (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp) Agency No. of Chongqing Normal University is 10637.
2. Highest diploma(notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or alreadyemployed, they should also provide documents of being university students oron-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must beattached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Applicants formaster’s degree shall provide notarized transcripts for bachelor’s degree.Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached withtranslations in Chinese or English.
4. A study orresearch plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5. Applicants shallsubmit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors orassociate professors.
6. Applicants formusic are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicants’ ownwork. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personalworks (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(printed by Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English. The medicalexaminations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attendingphysician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of theapplicants are invalid. Themedical examination results will be valid for 6 months. Students who win thescholarship will also be required to take physical examination when they arrivein
in September, 2016. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factorinto consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
8. No criminal recordcertification.
Application materials will not be returned regardless ofthe result of application.
VI. Approval andNotification
will review all the application materials. Assessment and selection foradmission and for granting scholarship will be made based on merits.
2. The name list of the recommended scholarship winning candidates for graduateprograms will be sent to China Scholarship Council for approval about April 10,2016.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council,the scholarship winners will be notified by the university by the end of June 2016,and Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China(JW201) together with other relevant documents will be sent to them inJuly 2016.
VII. Important Notes
will managescholarship students' affairs according to the relevant regulations governingChinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the AnnualReview of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions aswell as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in theAdmission Notice after registration.
VII. Contact Information
International Office of
Contact: Ms. Xu Chiying, Ms. Dong Qing
Post Code: 401331